Noise pollution is pollution generated through loud sounds produced by various entities. Noise pollution is largely affected through wind turbines and traffic. Citizens living near noise polluted areas may suffer from sickness or abandon the building.
Commercial Zoning Edit
Both high- and low-density commercial produce noise pollution. Low-density commercial produce medium levels of noise pollution, and high-density commercial produce high levels of noise pollution. Different District specializations also produce different levels of noise pollution, too
- Standard Commercial Zoning
- Standard commercial zones, meaning they have no district specializations, initially produced medium to high noise pollution. As the buildings level up, they produce low amounts of noise pollution.
- Leisure District Specialization
- Leisure zones, regardless of high- or low-density commercial zoning, Produces high levels of noise pollution. One side effect of leisure specialization is that traffic is increased during the night, which also increases noise pollution.
- Tourism District Specialization
- Tourism zones, regardless of high- or low-density zoning, produce medium levels of noise pollution.
- Organic and Local Produce District Specialization
- Organic zones produce no noise pollution. Any noise pollution caused, though, is produced by trucks bringing in supplies to the stores.
Industrial Zoning Edit
Industrial Zones, by default, have high levels of noise pollution. As they level up, they will produce medium amounts of noise pollution at their highest level. Increasing the level of your industry buildings also reduces the amounts of ground pollution produced. All industrial specializations produce high levels of noise pollution.
Office and Residential Zoning Edit
Office zoning, high-density, and low-density residential produce no noise pollution. Any noise pollution cause will be cause by traffic returning home or commuting to work. Office zoning can also be used as a noise buffer between residential and commercial zones.
|This article is a stub. You can help Skylines Wiki by expanding it.|
|This article is missing an image or more images. You can help Skylines Wiki by uploading a file.|